Wednesday 26 January 2011


All the art I have posted I believe demonstrates an understanding of several techniques, most of which I was introduced to from the beginning of my National Diploma in Art & Design. Artist research also provided me with a better sense of how to form outcomes, for example during the making of my Clay Head sculpture I was reading books detailing how Giacometti and his perception of people and form translated into his art. This lead me to not only observe my subjects facial proportions and getting the angles precise but also take into account his expression and emotion while creating the piece.
I've also found research prior to creating art helps me judge the standard my work is on. Although direct comparisons to professional artists is not a good idea as they have more experience in the field than I do, it does give me something to aim for even if just as a personal target I could ask myself "Would my art be good enough to be in the same exhibition as this". This type of ambitious mentality along with my realistic approach to giving form to my ideas is what I believe gives me the right state of mind to develop as an artist in my own right naturally. I feel studying art at this level will further enhance my growth as I will be surrounded by dedicated lecturers and students which will only keep me dedicated to my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment