Tuesday 25 January 2011

3D Suitcase - Bracelet Sculpture

Examining how Giacometti perceived the human form encouraged me to look past the actual shape of the bracelet I was portraying and instead embraced its fundamental virtues, this brought me to the idea of essential and elementary form from which I broke down the structure of the item and rebuilt only what was relevant. Once placed together the four 'reconstructed' bracelets bring up other elements that I initially didn't consider such as geometric abstraction and a sense of movement which is highlighted by the gradual shrinking or enlargement; however you wish to see it, of the sculptures. I believe the space in between and around the four structures to be engaging as depending on the angle you view it different shapes and formations appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment